Traveling Book Project
3 Organizations ~ 13 Groups ~ 75 Members ~ 75 Books ~ 468 Envelopes being mailed back and forth ~ 468 Pages (some single, some double and some four sided!)
A Collaboration Between
View by Organization
Participating artists were current members of at least one of the three organizations: San Diego Book Arts, Bay Area Book Artists and PaperWorks.
BAY AREA BOOK ARTISTS
SAN DIEGO BOOK ARTS
View by Group
There were 13 groups of 6 artists that made a book of 6 pages totalling 75 books. Explore the book by group
- Jim Stiven
- Judith Christensen
- Julie Hocking
- Karen Rush
- Katherine Niven
- Krista A. Neis & Kelly Adams Keller
The rules were simple
- We assigned groups of 6 artists with members from each of the three organizations: San Diego Book Arts, Bay Area Book Artists and PaperWorks.
- Participating artists were current members of at least one of the three organizations.
- Each member of each artist group will make a book of 6 pages (maximum size 4” x6” closed; and ¼” thick open when filled), set the theme of the book, fill the first page, and mail it to the next member.
- Each book will travel through all of the members of the group and eventually return to the originator to add a cover or finish it in any way they want. Any materials or artistic style will be acceptable as long as it meets the size requirement.
- The books will be moved to the next member by 10 days after receipt so that the full project should be complete by the end of October.